Thursday, June 25, 2015

Chester and Dr. Seuss ~ Thank you

A few posts ago...I mentioned unslumping....speaking of unslumping...

Before embarking on our journey west from PA to CA,  a dear family member gave us a favorite Dr. Seuss treasure Oh The Places You'll Go!  The Dr. has some very wise words about slumping~

I'm sorry to say so
but, sadly, it's true
than Bang-ups
and Hang-ups
can happen to you. .....

And when you're in a Slump,
you're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself
is not easily done.  ....



In this season of a writing slump, and let's just be honest.... a life-slump....I've felt slumpy.   And may I just give a shout out and 'thank You God', for MY pet therapy buddy, Chester.  In this season of slumpness, he is faithfully at my side.   First and foremost, he takes care of me.  His specialty truly IS touching lives and warming hearts (KPETS motto), and I am eternally thankful for how he touches my life and warms my heart most of all.

I don't do this change-thing easily. Though we have done a few MAJOR moves, hello, I do not seem to become an expert at this starting over thing. hmmm.  My track record is great, I always grow to deeply LOVE each place we live and the people tucked inside our community. But, I suck at the starting over part.  It takes me awhile.   a...w...h...i...l...e....

So thank you Chester -- for helping me through yet another season of change.  For snuggling by my side or at my feet and just being there. For understanding when I have no words and my heart is achy. For getting me out for a walk or a bike-- down the street, or in the hills, or to the beach -- when it was hard for me to get up and go. For being silly and making me laugh. For helping me to meet people when I really didn't want to but I really wanted to.  Thank you for being my therapy dog. You teach me much...beginning with how you handle change. I notice this about you. As long as we're together, your world is safe and secure --- whether we are in Timbuktoo or Kalamazoo. And that is worth pondering on a deeper level for sure. So thank you buddy.

For all you extroverts out there....you may think.  Whaaaaaaaaat the heck? Just get out there and get er done and begin again!  For all the introverts out there...you get it.  Unslumping yourself is not easily done!

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
SO...
.....
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So....get on your way!


Thank you Chester.  AND. Thank you Dr. Seuss.















No comments:

Post a Comment