Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Little Boys and Puppy Dog Tails


It was a Sunday, we were at church, standing in the very back of the room,  totally enjoying the music, worshipping, singing, lost in the moment....  Chester was laying at my left side on the wooden floor.

At some point, for whatever reason, I opened my eyes and noticed a little boy (whom we all love), snuggled into Chester's side.  I knelt down and sat on the floor with the two of them.  I continued to worship with one eye open, enjoying these two. Chester's friend delighted in playing with the zippers on his yellow vest, looking in his ears, rubbing his back, exploring his paws and pads and nails, petting the soft white fur on his belly, and from time to time asking me about this and that re: his furry buddy.

His mom came to me, ready to relocate her son ;-) , -- and I assured her these two were ok, and I was fine with her son's curiosity and love for Chester.

When the service ended and Chester was outside playing with the kids, Keith told me that the mom had come to him,  and apologized,  hoping her child had not been disturbing us or Chester.

 Keith's response.... "I really can't think of anything more beautiful than a little boy exploring & totally delighting in one of God's creations. That IS worship.  Your son brought tears to my eyes as I watched......Thank You."

I love what little boys are made of ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment