Sunday, January 23, 2011

Laughter, it's good for the soul

Visiting Schreiber this week....
Chester was in rare form, or I should say typical form this week.  He was silly.  He ran into things while retrieving the ball for his FAVORITE girl at Schreiber Pediatric Rehab.  He lost the ball for a moment, and while desperately searching for it spun in circles looking high and low, under and over, spinning spinning spinning, while slipping on the waxed floor...and we all laughed 'til we had tears in our eyes.  He gave the therapist a giant smooch on the lips, which delighted his FAVORITE girl to no end. His FAVORITE girl loves Chester kisses, but the therapist, not-so-much, which makes it all the more deeeelightful.   And then, he did the most amazing dog-burp I have ever heard, after he lapped up a bowl-full of water, which made me roll my eyes, and laughter erupt throughout the room.

Chester's Favorite girl's mom said to her daughter, "I'm so glad we stopped at the restroom on the way in, or we would have peed our pants by now ~ we always need to stop on Chester Day!"


Chester's favorite Christmas presents from his
favorite Schrieber girl...tennis ball and squirrel,
I know it looks like a monkey, but he calls it squirrel!

I thought about this........sometimes I get so dang worried about Chester doing things perfectly (me doing things perfectly), and in this moment I was reminded....just relax, just be.  What in the world could this dear family need more than laughter and joy.  Yes, Chester's FAVORITE girl needs physical therapy, needs to stretch and grow stronger and learn new skills ---------- but is there anything better than a healthy dose of belly laughter in the process.  I think not.

Chester, you are so silly.  So amazing.  Thanks for continuing to teach me about life and what is really important.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Diane,
    Thanks so much for taking the time to share this part of your life with us! It helps us to stay connected with you, and it brings much joy to see how God is using you and Chester in ministry~
    Love you, friend!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete