Friday, February 17, 2012

Grocery Store Miracle Meeting cont...

I received an email a few days ago.  It was from Pat. Pat, the woman Chester and I met in the grocery store.   The woman who buried her face in Chester's soft fur and let the tears flow.  The woman who Chester smooched with kisses.  The woman we sat with on the floor, in the Christmas section.

Pat sent me an email, telling me that her husband had been in a severe accident, fracturing his skull.  He was home now, recovering.  Would we come for a visit?

Yesterday we knocked on Pat's door.  When the door opened, it was like long lost friends finding each other again. We hugged. Chester went a tad bonkers and smothered Pat with kisses. (I'm way glad she likes kisses)

"Daddy, I have a surprise for you," she said to her husband.  Her voice oozed with excitement as we kinda skipped down the hallway

We walked into the darkened bedroom, walker resting close to the bed, Ralph laying flat on the king sized bed watching TV.

"Oh My!" he exclaimed.

Chester, Ralph, and Pat were in heaven....me too.  There we all were, laying/sitting on the giant bed for an hour. Chester moved between kissing Pat, getting tummy rubs from Ralph, and watching TV (Sean Connery riding horses across the desert).  Chester's favorite TV programs include dogs....horse shows come in second, maybe because they look like big dogs.  Sort of.

Anyways, that's what we did.  Just hung out together.

Ralph said it made his day and he was already feeling better.

I think we all felt the same way.

We prayed together before we left, asking God for His love and healing touch on Ralph, thanking Him for our new friendship and how He our crossed our paths at just the right moment.

I'm so thankful the Lord is so good at fitting the pieces together... and especially thankful He sits on grocery store floors in the middle of the Christmas rush & shares His love.






No comments:

Post a Comment